Hair fall is one of the most significant hair issues faced by millions of people worldwide. However, losing 50 strands per day is normal. But if you are losing more than 50 strands per day, then your hair is falling out. In this article, we have listed 10 home remedies for hair fall that you can try quickly and efficiently to battle hair fall.
Now, there is nothing to worry about regarding hair fall because you can prevent it with the help of these different home remedies. There are so many treatments and expensive products available in the market to tackle hair fall. But going through these treatments is not possible for everyone due to financial conditions.
That’s why trying natural ingredients has always been convenient and easy to tackle damaged hair and hair fall. Natural ingredients have antioxidants, proteins, and other nutrients to nourish the scalp and prevent hair fall. You might be thinking of what causes hair fall. Let’s see that first, before going into the home remedies for hair fall.
What Causes Hair Fall?
Hairfall is caused by several reasons, including:
- Hormone Imbalance
- Fungal Conditions of the scalp
- Lack of sleep
- Autoimmune diseases
- Nutritional deficiencies
You can read more about the above reasons here in this guide about the causes of hair fall.
Now, let’s see the best home remedies to avoid hair fall.
10 Home Remedies for Hair Fall
1. Use Aloe Vera to Stop Hair Fall
Aloe Vera is one of the most popular and recommended ingredients for haircare and skincare. It is best known for containing proteolytic enzyme that helps in healing and repairing dead skin cells. It is one of the best home remedies for hair fall.
Aloe Vera encourages hair growth by nourishing even the dead hair follicles. Daily use of an aloe vera hair mask will increase hair volume and prevent hair fall. You can purchase aloe vera gel online or from nearby stores. You can also slice an aloe vera leaf to extract the gel from it.
How to Use Aloe Vera for Hair Fall
- Apply on your hair directly and massage your scalp to ensure the absorption of aloe vera gel.
- Leave it for 20 to 30 minutes before shampooing your hair and rinsing off the gel with lukewarm water.
- Aloe vera can be used easily with other ingredients like honey, eggs, etc.
2. Use Rosemary Oil
Rosemary oil is an essential oil that can be an excellent treatment for hair fall as it effectively stimulates new hair growth. Add rose marry oil into any carrier oil like jojoba or argan oil for a refreshing hair fall treatment.
How to Use Rosemary Oil to Stop Hair Fall
- Gently massage the oil into the scalp and hair before shampooing and rinsing it off.
- You can also add a few drops of rosemary oil to your shampoo or conditioner as well.
3. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is another one of the best and most famous home remedies to combat hair fall. It helps in preventing protein loss by penetrating hair shafts and the scalp. Coconut oil is also helpful in reducing hair damage and breakage caused by physical trauma, hot iron styling, and using harsh hair products.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Hair Fall
- Apply and massage the coconut oil gently to your hair, then shampoo and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- You can add many other ingredients to coconut oil, such as honey and eggs to enhance their nutritious ability.
- It is also beneficial to purchase shampoo and other hair care products with coconut oil properties.
4. Egg Hair Mask
Egg masks are one of the best home remedies for hair fall. We can’t ignore the Egg mask because of the egg odour. Also, eggs are rich in protein, sulphur, zinc, and phosphorus, which makes them perfect for hair fall treatment. Eggs help in strengthing hair strands, promoting hair growth, preventing hair breakage and damage, and reducing split ends.
How to Use Egg Mask for Hair Fall
- Mix an egg with one teaspoon of honey and olive oil to enhance its nutritious properties.
- Use this paste on your head with your hands or with a brush.
- Let the mixture spread equally from roots to ends.
- Let it rest for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair and rinse it off with cold water.
5. Green Tea
Green Tea is not only effective as a weight loss treatment but also helps in reducing hair fall. It is the best home remedy for hair fall. It is packed with antioxidants to fight off free radicals and repair the damage caused by them. Green tea promotes hair growth and makes your hair healthy and nourished.
How to Use Green Tea
- You can pour a cup of cold green tea on your hair and massage your scalp.
- Make your hair completely saturated with Green tea.
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
6. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is an incredible ingredient that stops hair fall naturally. It helps enhance hair quality and growth by deeply nourishing the scalp. It prevents hair fall and makes your hair shiny and healthy. Lemon juice is packed with vitamin C, and it helps repair damaged hair follicles and nourish them.
How to Use Lemon Juice for Hair fall
- You can apply lemon juice directly on your hair and also by adding it to any carrier oil.
- Lemon juice blends well with amla.
- Let the lemon mask stay on the hair for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair and rinse it off thoroughly.
Avocado is not only a primary ingredient in skin care and weight loss routines but also helpful in hair fall treatments. It contains vitamins A, B6, C, and E to support healthy hair and stimulate hair growth. It also has omega-3 fatty acids and essential amino acids to hydrate and nourish your scalp deeply.
How to Use Avocado for Hair Fall
- Mash an avocado in a bowl and apply it on your hair and scalp.
- Leave the avocado mask in your hair for 30 minutes or an hour.
- Wash your hair and shampoo them thoroughly with cool water.
- Your hair would feel so soft and nourished.
- For better results, add a mashed banana to the avocado paste.
Amla, or Indian gooseberry, has been a proven hair-fall ingredient for centuries. It is one of the best home remedies for hair fall. It helps in strengthing hair follicles and reducing hair fall. Amla also improves blood circulation to promote hair growth. It has anti-bacterial properties to prevent dandruff which is a leading cause of hair fall.
How to Use Amla to Stop Hair Fall
- Apply amla juice to your hair.
- Massage your scalp and hair to ensure its complete absorption.
- Leave it in your hair for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair and rinse it off with cold water.
- Using this treatment will reduce hair fall.
9. Onion Juice
Onions are the base of every classic and delicious dish. Besides cooking, onions are an excellent hair care ingredient. It helps reduce hair fall by increasing the blood supply to hair follicles and naturally nourishing the scalp.
It’s ok to cry some tears in order to cut an onion to get rid of hair fall.
How to Use Onion Juice for Hair Fall
- Grind onion to extract their juice.
- Apply onion juice to your hair with the help of a cotton ball.
- Massage your scalp and let the onion juice spread out evenly.
- Leave it in the hair for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Now shampoo your hair and rinse them off thoroughly.
- Use onion juice on your hair regularly to have shiny, healthy, thicker, and longer hair.
10. Fish Oil
Fishes are the ultimate source of fatty acids and omega 3, and these nutrients pass down to the fish oils. Adding fish oil to your hair care routine as a natural home remedy for hair fall is best. Fish oils help nourish your hair from the inside and supply nutrients and proteins to the hair follicles.
Fish oil also has antioxidants to battle the harmful free radicals and repair damage caused by them.
How to use Fish Oil to Stop Hair Fall
- Purchase any fish oil from the market to add to your hair fall treatment.
- Massage your scalp and hair with it.
- Shampoo your hair and rinse off the oil from your hair.
- Apply fish oil on a regular basis to have healthy hair and prevent hair fall.
So, these are the best home remedies for hair fall. If you have any questions related to this guide feel free to ask in the comments section below.
Related to Hair Fall: